The Mission of Atkins House is to provide opportunities for the woman offender to develop her potential for a responsible, productive and law-abiding lifestyle.
Atkins House will serve as an advocate for resources and support for women offenders in jails, prisons, community corrections facilities and ex-offenders in the community.
- We believe in the inherent value and uniqueness of each woman we serve. Respect for the individual shall be at the core of everything we do, every decision we make.
- We believe leadership in our field positions us to be a positive force for change. We shall be uncompromising in our commitment to deliver programs and services worthy of recognition for superior quality, innovation and notable outcomes.
- We believe positive outcomes for the women we serve are driven by dedication and commitment to mission and the expertise and experience of our staff. We will support their efforts accordingly.
- We believe a strong financial model is essential to our future.
The Atkins House service delivery system must be client centered.
- Services will reflect the needs and goals of the individual.
- Services will be provided without regard to race, creed or sexual orientation.
- Services will be provided in a confidential, non-judgmental and compassionate manner.
The Atkins House service delivery system must be comprehensive, coordinated and cost effective.
- Services provided will reflect a continuum of care including counseling, case management and supportive needs.
- Services will assist clients in ways that help them enhance their lives.
The Atkins House service delivery system must ensure quality care.
- Atkins House Board of Directors and Staff will commit to the mission and vision of the organization.
- Services will reflect the current recommended treatment and relapse prevention techniques for all programs.